Welcome to Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Solutions©.
The Medication Aide Training Program utilizes on-line learning modules for Unit 1 & 2, chapter quizzes, Unit 1 & 2 Exams, an on-line lab and quiz, example MARs, a 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation, and a Final Exam in educating Med Aides. Avera Education & Staffing Solutions’ program is designed to prepare the student to skillfully and safely administer medications in a facility.
The State of South Dakota requires students in the Medication Aide Training Program to have a High School Diploma or GED. A copy must be provided to Avera Education & Staffing Solutions prior to certificate issuance.
Class Cancellation Policy
Avera Education & Staffing Solutions (AESS) reserves the right to require a non-refundable pre-payment for tuition and fees prior to accessing on-line course.
A case-by-case review for refund requests because of medical emergencies or bereavement will be made by the AESS Director or Operations Manager. Documentation is required to allow AESS to review the reasons for the refund request. If AESS determines that good cause exists, the student may be excused from the clinical component and may reschedule. If documentation is not acceptable, the clinical component is non-refundable.
- Complete Unit 1 on-line modules
- Contact AESS to set up a time to complete Unit 1 Exam with passing score of at least 85%. One retake allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to Unit 2)
- Complete Unit 2 on-line modules
- Contact AESS to set up a time to complete Unit 2 Exam with passing score of at least 85%. One retake if allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to On-line Lab)
- On-line lab and quiz must be completed prior to advancing to the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation
- Register here for the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation with AESS.
- Contact AESS to set up a time to complete Final Exam (Final Exam has one retake if necessary). Score of 85% is required. Upon successful completion a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must purchase the textbook, Sorrentino, S. & Remmert, L. (2009), Mosby’s Textbook for Medication Assistants, Mosby: St. Louis, MO. Our MATP and this textbook are approved by the South Dakota Board of Nursing. This textbook may be purchased from Elsevier or from a vendor of choice.
- On-line access to Med Aide Training Program Self-Paced Classroom.
You will also need a copy of these materials:
Reminder: Chapter’s results must be printed and sent to AESS via mail,fax, or email.
Avera Education & Staffing Solutions (AESS)
1000 West 4th Street, Suite 9
Yankton, SD 57078
Phone - 605-668-8475
Fax - (605)668-8483
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org