ePharmacy provides rural hospitals around-the-clock access to hospital-trained pharmacists making it possible for every medication order to be reviewed and approved prior to administration to patients. For you, this means:
- Accurate medication administration
- Improved safety
- Comprehensive medication management
- ePharmacy has reviewed more than 507,268 medication orders in the past 12 months and over 1,434,766 medication orders since inception.
- ePharmacy is currently live in 51 facilities across Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota and North Dakota. Many additional sites are contracted to receive ePharmacy services.
- ePharmacy has intervened on medication orders resulting in over 19,351 potential serious safety events being avoided.
- In July 2011, ePharmacy brought home special recognition from the 2011 Health Forum and American Hospital Association Leadership Summit in San Diego, Calif.: a Most Wired Innovator Award. Hospitals & Health Networks magazine named Avera’s ePharmacy service as one of three top recipients from a total of six nationwide to receive the coveted award.
In the News