Ways to Give to Floyd Valley Healthcare
There are many different ways to give. While many people make charitable gifts in the form of cash or checks, more and more people are making donations through the following methods because they find them practical and affordable and they may provide income and estate tax benefits.
Gifts You Can Make Today
A quick way to donate is to simply mail a check.
Gifts can be mailed to:
Floyd Valley Foundation
714 Lincoln St. NE
Le Mars, IA 51031
**Please indicate where you would like your gift designated in the memo line of your check or in a separate note. Please make sure your contact information is correct on your check and include your telephone number in case there are questions.
Make a donation by setting up automatic payments.
To authorize automatic payments directly from your bank account, download and complete the authorization form, fill it out, and return it with a voided check to the provided address. This option is a convenient for you while providing extra savings by reducing processing fees. The form also allows you to designate your gift and provides opportunities for monthly, quarterly and perpetual giving.
You can donate in the form of a check or cash as a memorial or in honor of a friend or loved one. When donating in memory or in honor of a friend or loved one, please consider Floyd Valley Foundation. There are two methods:
- Make out your check to: Floyd Valley Foundation and place it in the Sympathy card that you are going to give to the family; or
- Make out your check to: Floyd Valley Foundation and mail it to the address above.
With either method, write in the memo line the name of the person to whom you are making the gift in memory of. The Foundation will notify the family of your gift, so also include the name and address where you would like the notification sent.
- Gifts and pledge payments are accepted online via our secure online giving form.
- For FVH staff, you may donate in person, online, or through automatic payments. Many staff members find having gifts deducted from their paycheck is the easiest way to give. To set up a new payroll deduction or edit an existing one, please download the staff pledge form.
- Would you like to make a gift now by phone or speak with someone in the Foundation Office? Call (712) 546-3348 or email Amy Harnack, Foundation Manager.
- As you can see, there are many different ways to make you planned gift. While many people make charitable gifts in the form of cash or checks, more and more people are making donations through the following methods because they find them practical and affordable, and they may provide income and estate tax benefits:
- Donation of retirement plan assets.
- Donate gifts of stocks, mutual funds, property, or real estate.
- Donate gifts of grain or cattle.
Gifts That Pay You Income
- Establish a charitable gift annuity. You transfer your cash or appreciated property to the Floyd Valley Foundation exchange for our promise to pay you fixed income (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life.
- Create a charitable remainder trust to support our mission and receive payments during your retirement years.
Gifts You Can Make After Your Lifetime
- Remember the Floyd Valley Foundation in your will or estate plans, either identifying a specific amount or a percentage of the residual.
- List the Floyd Valley Foundation as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Set up an endowment where only the interest is used, establishing a permanent gift to our Foundation that will live on after your lifetime.
There are many ways to give to the Floyd Valley Foundation. We would love to visit with you about your motivation for making a gift and help you decide which method is best for you. We enjoy hearing from individuals who are passionate about making an impact on healthcare in our community.