You want the best for your heart, and so do we. Cutting edge technology. A national leader in cardiovascular care. Because it's about advanced technology for better outcomes. But it's also about advanced care.
The Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota is the region's first and only hospital dedicated solely to the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. By focusing on the nation's number one killer, patients receive the benefits of advanced technology and personalized services specific to their individual needs. The hospital is owned by Avera McKennan and the physicians of North Central Heart Institute.
The Avera Heart Hospital offers 55 critical-care beds, 3 surgical suites, 4 cath labs, radiology, laboratory, pharmacy, respiratory therapy and all the other departments necessary to care for patients. The hospital's emergency room is staffed by physicians 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
To provide excellence and state of the art cardiovascular care to all patients and their families in a respectful and caring manner, while providing value to all members of the community.
- The Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota saw its first patient March 20, 2001
- 125,000 square feet on 3 levels
- 4 Cath Labs:
- 3 Bi-Plane labs
- 1 lab used primarily for advanced vascular procedures using a 13" image intensifier
- 3 State-of-the art surgical suites.
- 55 patient beds that act as the ICU/CCU/Step down beds for patients
- CT with calcium scoring (Heart Saver).
- Laboratory on site.
- Full Radiology department
- Respiratory Therapy
- Emergency Room: Full Service Staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by ER trained physicians and nurses
- Comprehensive Medical Staff of more than 200 physicians representing specialties in the areas of pulmonology, nephrology, pathology, radiology, anesthesiology, family physicians, internists, vascular surgeons, cardiology, emergency, urology, and general surgeons.
- One of HealthGrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™ in 2012
- Named among the nation's 50 Top Hospitals® for cardiovascular care by Thomson Reuters 2011.
- Ranked by HealthGrades Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Outstanding Patient Experience for 4 Years in a Row (2009-2011)
- Ranked by HealthGrades Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cardiac Surgery in 2012
- Ranked by HealthGrades Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Cardiac Services for 9 Years in a Row (2004-2012)
- Named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission.
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Named among the 100 Top Hospitals® for cardiovascular care by Thomson Reuters
- 2006 Solucient 100 Top Hospitals®: Cardiovascular Hospitals
- First Accredited Chest Pain Center in South Dakota
- Medcath Par Excellence Award (overall hospital award) 2006 and 2007
- Medcath Excellence in Team and Service award 2006 and 2007
- Medcath Excellence in Quality award 2007
- American Heart Association Start! Fit Friendly Company award-Gold 2008, 2009 and 2010
- Human Resources Management Award: SHRM Workplace Excellence Award 2008