Hegg Supportive Care Services
The Hegg Supportive Care Services provides palliative care, which is medical care focused on relief of the pain, symptoms, and stress of serious illness - whatever the diagnosis. The goal is to help people live comfortable and to provide the best possible quality of life for patients and their families.
What are Hegg Supportive Care Services?
The Hegg Supportive Care Services helps patients of all ages with chronic conditions or life-limiting illnesses to enhance their quality of life. The goal is to help people live comfortably and to provide the best possible quality of life for patients and their families.
Supportive Care Services are Hegg Memorial Health Center's way of caring for and supporting the patient and family through serious illness and critical decisions related to health care.
Hegg Supportive Care Services provides many services, including:
- Discussion of patient wishes and overall plans of care and treatment
- Education for patients and families about disease process and treatment options
- Pain and symptom management
- Physical, occupational, or speech therapy
- Support and coordination of care with primary provider
- Guidance with Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance and other benefits
- Support with difficult healthcare decisions
- Support for family members experiencing caregiver stress, grief and bereavement
- Care for the whole body, including medical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs
When is the right time to utilize Hegg Supportive Care Services?
Palliative care helps through all stages of illness. It is best introduced early in your care.
You can speak with your provider about Hegg Supportive Care Services. You may also talk with a member of the Hegg Supportive Care Services Team to learn more.
The Hegg Supportive Care Services Team:
- Brad Kamstra, D.O.
- Marva Hoogland, RN, BSN
- Linda Ver Steeg, RN, MSN
- Beverly Van Beek, RN
- Melinda Faber, LBSW
- Heather Van Grootheest, BSW
(712) 476-8000 | firstname.lastname@example.org