Avera McKennan Sleep Diagnostic Center
The Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center Sleep Diagnostic Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. The new center has triple the space of its former location, state-of-the-art testing equipment and homelike sleep suites.
What Our State-of-the-Art Sleep Center Offers
- A six-bed facility, ensuring you’ll get in as quickly as possible
- Specialists nationally accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- The best in sleep lab technology, monitoring sixteen different body functions
- An on-site pulmonologist to interpret your results and answer your questions
- Comfort and convenience unsurpassed in the region
- We are located in the Avera Doctors Plaza 2, 7th floor, on the northeast corner of the Avera McKennan campus
- We are the only center to offer Friday night sleep studies
Sleep Rooms and Schedule
Comfortable Rooms and Convenient Schedule
Every effort has been made to make your night as comfortable as possible, from the room to your schedule.
Your sleep lab room features:
- Select Comfort Sleep Number beds
- Flat-screen televisions
- Comfortable home-like accents
- Private bathrooms with a shower
Works easily with your schedule:
- Sleep according to your usual sleep patterns, waking at 6 or 6:30 a.m. (or earlier, if needed)
- Get ready for the day the way you’re used to, including showering at home or at the hospital
- Eat a great breakfast at our on-site deli
Avera Living Well Center
Because Avera McKennan Sleep Center is part of the Avera network of health care facilities, you have access to the Avera Living Well Center on 33rd Street and Minnesota Avenue for the very best in sleep technology and advice.
Avera McKennan Sleep Center Services
We offer thorough sleep evaluations and other services including:
- Nighttime sleep disorder testing
- Daytime sleep disorder testing
- Adult sleep screening
- Infant breathing/heart monitoring
- Outreach sleep diagnostic testing
Avera McKennan Sleep Center Team
Sleep technologists meet with patients to help them understand what to expect during a sleep study. Sleep center staff are available to answer patients' questions by telephone at 605-322-REST(7378).
Our Sleep Diagnostic Center team includes various specialists and support staff from many fields including:
Sleep Disorder Resources
The Sleep Center offers patient education, helping them to understand what to expect during a sleep study. All physicians and staff working in the Avera McKennan Sleep Diagnostic Center are trained and registered in sleep medicine.
Patient Referral Information
Any physician can refer patients for a sleep study, and a staff pulmonologist reviews the referral before the test is ordered. Ask your doctor about a referral for a sleep study at the Avera McKennan Sleep Diagnostic Center.
Download Patient Forms
Download these patient questionnaire forms, complete them and bring them with you to your sleep study appointment.