Avera Sister James Care Center
Avera Sister James Care Center is a 112-bed skilled nursing facility where residents enjoy highest level of professional care available. At the Avera Sister James Care Center, we strive to ensure that our residents’ lives remain satisfying and meaningful by providing care rooted in our Benedictine values: hospitality, dignity of work, respect, stability, stewardship, and justice.
A comprehensive plan of care is developed and reviewed for each resident. Our professional staff work to help many of our residents resume their former life-styles and assist others to become as independent as possible, allowing them to have quality of life. At Avera Sister James, wholistic health care is our foremost thought and primary goal for each resident.
Avera Sister James Care Center is licensed by the South Dakota State Health Department, Medicare, Medicare, and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Small neighborhoods, each with 38 or fewer residents, serving kitchen and dining space along with two lounges with fireplaces that provide an intimate living environment where residents can enjoy a beautiful bluff setting.
- Private Resident Rooms with carpeting
- 24 registered nurse coverage
- Daily Mass and weekly ecumenical services
- Social Activities with music, crafts, intergenerational programs
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy services
- Laboratory, X-ray, and IV therapy
- On-going review of medications by a pharmacist
- Family-visitor program
- Licensed beautician care
- Selective menus and guest trays
- Private phones
- Smoke-free environment
- Memory Care – program to serve individuals who need extra attention due to memory loss
May 2014 Calendar of Events