Athletic Republic® Training Program
The Athletic Republic Sports Training system represents a unique speed, strength, and conditioning approach incorporating non-traditional, revolutionary methods to make athletes faster and more explosive. A combination of originally-designed equipment not found elsewhere, copyrighted training protocols based on the scientific literature, and a training environment with one-to-one contact, maximizes an athlete’s available time and efforts.
read more about the history of Athletic Republic training
Opened in spring 1994, Avera Sports belongs to the Republic network of franchised sports training centers started by John Frappier, of Fargo, ND, in 1990, and now numbering nearly 200 training facilities. Athletic Republic easily represents the world’s largest single network of sports training facilities, and with franchises in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Russia, Brazil and Japan, more than 500,000 junior high, high school and college athletes have participated in at least one 6-week training course since the program’s inception. Additionally, more than 3,000 Olympic and professional athletes from the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, and MLB have chosen Acceleration Sports Training to maximize their speed and power development.
Sports Performance Training
Our Athletic Republic Training programs specialize in improving speed, vertical jump, strength, quickness and agility.
On average athletes experience:
- A two-tenths improvement in 40-yard dash time
- Eight-hundredths improvement in 10-yard dash
- Two inches improvement in vertical jump
- Fifteen-hundredths improvement in pro agility
- Recovery times between intense periods of exercise may be reduced by up to 50%
- Gains of up to 20% in certain strength and agility assessments can be expected during an athlete’s first time through our training regimen
Duration of Training Programs
While our traditional training programs are six to either weeks in length and consist of three 90-minute workouts per week, our staff can develop a training program to meet your needs and fit your schedule. Whether between sporting seasons and having only 3 or 4 weeks to train, or someone who would like us to coordinate an entire year-round training program, we have the expertise to address your needs.
Our trainers represent a variety of sporting experiences and educational backgrounds. Credentials of some of our trainers include:
- Former All-American track and field athletes
- College play experience in football, basketball, baseball, softball and soccer
- Masters degree in an exercise science-related field
- Certifications from the National Strength and Conditioning Association and USA Weightlifting
Whatever your sport, age, or ability level, our trainers, using tried and proven Acceleration Sports Training methods can help you reach your maximum potential.
Because of our reputation for excellence, we continue to attract the Sioux Empire’s top athletes. The following individuals currently train or have trained at Avera Sports:
- Kyle Vanden Bosch—All Pro Defensive Tackle, Detroit Lions
- Kevin Kaesviharn—Defensive Back, New Orleans Saints
- Ben Leber—Linebacker, Minnesota Vikings
- Josh Stamer—Linebacker/Special Teams, Buffalo Bills
- Adam Timmerman—All Pro Offensive Guard, St. Louis Rams
- Levar Woods—Linebacker/Special Teams, Tennessee Titans
- Bryan Schwartz—Linebacker, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Scott Connot—Defensive Back/Special Teams, Kansas City Chiefs
- Steve Heiden—Tight End, Cleveland Browns
- Kirk Hinrich—Guard, Chicago Bulls
In addition to these professional athletes, dozens of Division I, II, and III and NAIA All-American athletes have trained with Avera Sports over the years. Included in this group are:
- Jill Theeler (Mitchell High School and North Dakota State University track and field standout)
- Josh Ranek (Tyndel High School and South Dakota State University’s All-time leading rusher)
- Sarah, Jeana and Jenna Hoffman (Mitchell High School and University of South Dakota all-stars in track and field and basketball athletes)
The Science of Athletic Republic
Athletic Republic Sports Training focuses on increasing maximum sprint speed, vertical jump and anaerobic conditioning; these constructs govern speed and power sports such as football, volleyball, basketball, ice hockey, gymnastics, baseball, softball, wrestling, track and field and soccer. As a network committing hundreds of thousands of dollars per year to conducting sports science research, our training centers lead the way in uncovering the secrets to making better athletes.
A quick review of the sports training industry reveals that Athletic Republic Sports Training continues to be the only sports training system with a unique and different approach to developing speed and power: every other competing sports training system simply incorporates traditional ground-based training methods—for example, utilizing strength training exercises such as squats, power cleans, and dead-lifts, and agility sessions in which athletes run through agility ladders and around cones, etc. While training approaches that do, indeed, prove useful, unfortunately these exercises represent nothing that couldn’t be done on your own, and nothing any different from any other sports training program in the Sioux Empire. For cutting-edge sports training, for developing speed and power in unique and revolutionary ways, Athletic Republic Sports Performance Training, and its emphasis on developing the body’s neuromuscular system, sets the pace.