Preparing for a Scheduled Procedure
If you or a loved one are scheduled for a procedure, make sure to get specific instructions from your doctor, physician and nurse. Any information they give should be recorded for future reference.
Listed are some of the standard requirements for most procedures, but additional directions should be provided by the physician or physician's office:
- Closely follow instructions about eating and drinking prior to the procedure.
- Leave valuables at home - the hospital is not responsible for lost items.
- Verify that services scheduled are covered by your insurance provider.
- Make sure insurance notification and authorization is obtained if required.
- Check to see if your insurance providers are "in network" for your health plan.
Many health plan providers will decrease the amount they pay if all requirements are not met, so please be sure to follow all directions carefully.