Rules for Courtesy and Safety
We ask for your help to provide a comfortable and safe environment for our patients. Please abide by the following regulations when visiting your loved ones:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital. All Avera St. Luke's campuses and buildings are designated as tobacco free. The use of tobacco products is not permitted in our facilities or on our grounds, including parking lots and outside our buildings.
- All visitors must wear shirts and shoes while visiting at the hospital.
- We suggest that the number of visitors in a patient's room be limited, and that visits be kept short.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Please be mindful of others and help us maintain a quiet atmosphere.
Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the physician or nurse needs to see the patient.