Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary Scholarship Information
Five scholarships are given annually by Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary in the amount of $500 each. They are awarded to seniors in high school planning to enter an area of study in the health care field. The recipient must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Questions: If you have questions, contact Kay Remily, Auxiliary Scholarship Committee Chairperson, at 605-225-4966.
Send Completed Application to: Laura Sangster, Auxiliary liaison, at email@example.com.
- The recipient must attend high school within Avera St. Luke’s service area.
- The recipient must attend a college/university/school in South Dakota.
- The area of study they plan to pursue must be in a health-related field.
- The recipient will be selected by the Scholarship Committee of Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary.
- The check for the scholarship will be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office at the college/university/school they will be attending to be applied toward tuition fees. A certificate will be sent to the high school counselor for presentation at an awards ceremony.
- All applications for the scholarships are due by March 2, 2015, and are to be forwarded to:
Those selected to receive scholarships will be notified by April 9, 2015.
2013 Scholarship Winners
- Brian Peterson, Warner High School, who will attend South Dakota State University in Brookings, majoring in biochemistry; parents, Kathy Gubin and John Peterson
- Callie Slater, Mobridge-Pollock High School, who will attend the University of South Dakota in Vermillion, majoring in health sciences and occupational therapy; parents, Kent and Kristi Slater
- Kirstyn Fiala, Miller High School, who will attend SDSU and major in nursing; parents, Josef and Andrea Fiala
- Michael Buchanan, Aberdeen Central High School, who will attend USD; mother, Dorene Buchanan
- Adam Goetz, Aberdeen Roncalli High School, who will attend SDSU; parents, Kendall and Stacey Goetz